THE CUYAHOGA COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
Temporary Election Clerk
Reports To: Supervisor
Department: Candidate & Petition Services
Assists the Candidate & Petition Services Management Team in facilitating all duties related to the in-house and
vote-by-mail voting programs.
• Assists in the coordination of preparing, processing and mailing vote-by-mail ballot applications and
• Assists the public with the in-house voting process located at the Board of Elections:
• Performs data entry tasks relative to all Board of Elections operations including maintaining the DIMS
software database as it relates to voter registration and the vote-by-mail process;
• Proofs various election related documents for content and accuracy such as vote-by-mail identification
envelopes, poll books and various reports;
• Assists with answering agency phone calls and providing excellent customer service to the public;
• Processes mail which includes organizing, opening, scanning, proofing and recording transactions;
• Reviews, researches, verifies, organizes and completes all necessary tasks associated with voter
transactions such as vote-by-mail and provisional ballots;
• Assists in safeguarding sensitive documents and supplies;
• Conducts business in accordance with the federal election guidelines, Title 35 of the Ohio Revised Code,
the Policies and Procedures of the State of Ohio, and the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and
according to NVRA and HAVA procedures;
• Performs all other duties assigned, delegated, or required of the management team, including those
prescribed by law.
• Ability to perform in a professional manner under stress when confronted with tight deadlines;
• Willing to work extended hours;
• Applies excellent interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, dependability, business acumen, ability to manage multiple tasks
simultaneously and excellent organizational skills;
• Demonstrates a professional attitude and appearance.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; three to six months of previous data entry experience preferred;
must demonstrate command of Microsoft Windows; prior work experience in a customer service environment
which includes answering telephones preferred.
Complete an online application at the Board of Elections website, www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us, under the Job
Hourly Rate: $10.00
Hours: Various, usually 8:00 to 5:00
Monday through Friday, with
overtime hours required as needed
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Friday, September 7, 2012.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.